1 Felicity Avenue, Allison Park, PA 15101
Can I Install My Tracks Easily?
Please practice good and proper safety precautions when performing any type of maintenance or adjustments on your equipment. Installing tracks requires two people to perform safely.
- Step 1: Remove grease fitting with a wrench. Step down on the bottom side of the track to collapse the idler, releasing the track tension. This is a good time to inspect the grease fitting to determine whether or not it needs to be replaced.
- Step 2: Push down on the front blade of your machine until the front of the rubber track tips upward. Rotate the house of the machine and put the boom down to lift the other end of the track upward. The track should now be suspended.
- Step 3: As a safety precaution have your partner place heavy duty jack stands (that can support the weight of the machine) beneath the undercarriage. This is to safeguard against any problems that may potentially occur with the hydraulic system of the machine.
- Step 4: See if you can, at this point, manually remove one end of the track from the sprocket teeth. If not, have your partner enter the cab to start the machine and slowly move it forward as you use a pry bar to ‘walk’ the track off of the sprocket teeth. Check again at this step that there are no people nearby or potential hazards in the way of the machine.
- Step 5: Pull the track away from the machine. Have your helper use a forklift to lift the track off of the machine and put it aside somewhere out of the way. This is also a very good time to inspect your machine undercarriage for damage and wear. Inspect the bottom and top rollers, sprocket teeth and idlers. Clean away any excess dirt and debris caught in your undercarriage.
- Step 6: Move your new rubber track into place beside the machine. With the assistance of your helper, hook the track onto the sprocket teeth at the back of the machine.
- Step 7: As your helper pushes the track forward, use the pry bar to align the front of the track into proper position on the front idler.
- Step 8: Let the tracks run a few revolutions to ensure proper track movement and to verify that there is nothing binding or ill-fitting that requires adjustment.
- Step 9: Lift the boom to lower the back side of the track to the floor gently. Lift the blade to lower the front of the track back down to the ground.
Same or Next Day Delivery.
To most addresses in the Northeast.
Time restrictions apply